First Trimester: Why Does My Baby Look Like a Dinosaur?
The other day, I told Caleb what I thought of my pregnancy experience so far:
The first trimester is a little discouraging. I mean, I feel like crud most of the time and my baby looks like a dinosaur.
No laughing, you guys. This isn’t funny, you know.
Oh, and I also decided that I have felt like a little kid again…Since I became a picky eater and it seems all I did for a while was eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom! (Thanks to a certain little kumquat sitting on my bladder. :) )
Anyway, it actually wasn’t that bad and it’s all worth it for such a great cause. But in the meantime, the well-intentioned words I received from friends and family – such as, “It will all be over soon” – didn’t help me much at the time. Here are a few things that did:
- Homemade Ginger Ale
- Digestive Tonic*: Contains ginger, lemon, and peppermint (scroll to the bottom of the page to find it). It works great, but I try to only use it when I really need it since it’s the more expensive nausea/stomach upset solution.
- Queasy Beads: Uses acupressure to relieve morning sickness and motion sickness. Between wearing these bracelets on my wrist and sipping a little ginger ale or digestive tonic, I was able to endure car rides much better.
- Yogi’s Stomach Ease Tea: Their lemon ginger tea helps too, but I can’t stand the strong ginger flavor. Stomach Ease actually tastes pretty good.
- Getting more sleep
- Eating more protein: At first, I wanted to eat lots of fruit, but soon found that it was making me feel worse, not better.
- Eating more often (as in, all-the-time!) and varying my snacks so I didn’t get tired of eating the same things
- Staying off the computer; as I said before, the barely perceptible flickering of the monitor made my morning sickness worse.
And here are some things I enjoyed:
- Learning about our baby’s growth each week
- Being pampered by my husband
- Buying my first pair of maternity jeans (and some shirts I can’t wear yet): Yay for Goodwill and consignment sales!
- Organic Turkey Jerky from Whole Foods: Caleb bought it for me once, even though it’s pretty expensive, and I had to restrain myself from eating it all in one sitting.
- Raspberry leaf tea and Yogi Woman’s Mother To Be Tea
- And my favorite: Hearing our baby’s heartbeat!
I’m really excited to see what happens in the second trimester. Now that I’m feeling more like myself, and Baby looks more like a baby, I’m looking forward to having more of visible bump and feeling our little one move!
*Note: I don’t earn anything from most of my links. But if you click on an Amazon link and purchase something, a little of the profit goes to me and I use it to help keep the site running. Thanks for your support!
Posted in Pregnancy and tagged Baby, Bump, Clothes, Computer, Digestive tonic, Eating, fruit, Ginger, Ginger ale, Growing, Lemon, Little one, Maternity, Morning sickness, Natural Remedies, Pregnancy, Protein, Queasy beads, Sleep, Turkey jerky, Whole Foods, Yogi's Stomach Ease Tea.
← View Melody's previous post "Best Homemade Vanilla Extract"
View Melody's next post "Easy Apple Oven Pancake" →
Comment With Facebook